Property Tax 

Thinking about selling or recently sold a property or other asset? Need advice on Capital Gains Tax (CGT)?

We will calculate the liability on your disposal, taking into account all available tax reliefs and your income position.

We can also assist clients to plan the disposal prior to sale. There are often ways to structure a transaction in a more tax efficient manner if pre-disposal advice is undertaken. Once a sale completion has taken place the opportunities for efficient planning are significantly reduced.

When do I have to pay CGT?

You may have to pay CGT if, for example, you:

  • Sell or give away an asset such as commercial or residential property or company shares.
  • Give assets to your children or others or sell them assets cheaply.

What rate is CGT charged at?

It is charged at 18% if you are a basic rate tax payer, and 28% on the amount in the higher rate tax bracket.

Arcus has provided us with excellent service and sound advice regarding all our tax affairs

Mr P from Milton Keynes

His thoughtful, friendly and professional approach is excellent

Gareth, Oakham

I would recommend him to everyone who needs an accountant and have done so with all my friends who have gone freelance

Stevie, Rushden
  • Tax Refunds

    Think you've paid too much income tax or on are the wrong PAYE coding? You could be due a tax refund from HM Revenue & Customs ...

    more >

  • Self Assessment

    Need help to complete your Self Assessment Tax Return? We're here to help, fixed fee too.

    more >

  • Autumn Budget 2017 - How does it affect you?

    Here are the key points from Wednesdays scintilatingly interesting Budget!

  • read more

    latest news

© 2018 Arcus Taxation Accountants is the trading name of Arcus Associates Ltd. Registered in England & Wales Company No. 05065405.

privacy / cookies

website cms powered by csb internet

01572 770552